Choosing Tools: Zøtapay And WooCommerce
Are you still facing the tricky challenge of finding the right tool for your eCommerce business? We have another fantastic suggestion for you, and that’s WooCommerce.
WooCommerce is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms for businesses that already have a website. But is WooCommerce the right solution for your online store? We are going to help you decide that, so here’s what you will find in this article:
1. What is WooCommerce And How Does It Work?
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin as well as an open-source solution for online retailers. This means that if you already have a domain, hosting, email address, and theme, all you need to do is install WooCommerce, and you can get started right away.
The WooCommerce plugin is free, but it includes numerous paid extensions. Another great feature is that WooCommerce seamlessly integrates with Facebook, Zapier, MailChimp, Stripe, and other platforms.
As soon as you activate the plugin, a simple setup wizard will guide you through some steps, as follows:
- Click the “Let’s go” button and start creating your main web pages;
- Next, choose the location of your store and the currency you use;
- Set your payment types;
- Continue with adding and setting up your products;
- Finally, enable additional gateways. Keep in mind, WooCommerce uses PayPal by default, and we suggest you add additional payment gateways to reach more customers.
2. Pros And Cons:
Since WooCommerce is the default eCommerce plugin for WordPress, it’s usually the most logical and best solution for an online store. However, it’s always good to consider the pros and cons before you decide:
|Great if you already have a domain and a host, or you just prefer using WordPress.||Its updates don’t always work well with WordPress.|
|You can customize almost everything since it’s open-source.||You need to know how to work with WordPress to use it.|
|There are lots of integrations, most of them paid, so you can design your online store just the way you want it.||WooCommerce itself is free, but costs can still run high with domain, host, and integrations.|
|A substantial community of developers and experts ready to help.||You may need custom development and expert support.|
WooCommerce opens lots of opportunities for your online shop, but there is a learning curve, and you’ll need some time to get used to it, especially if you’re new to eCommerce. Moreover, the extensions and the open code can really help you design your shop exactly the way you want it.
3. Are WooCommerce’s Extensions Good?
On entering the extensions section on WooCommerce, you’ll find a wide range that is available for download. It might take you some time to find the best extensions for you, so we recommend starting with checking out the most popular extensions and taking things from there. In any case, try not to keep extensions you don’t need and those you don’t often use because they will only slow down your website.
We recommend remaining focused on the main goals that you have for your online store and find the extensions that best suit your needs. Be aware that you will come across some pricey extensions, but some reasonably-priced and even free ones also do a great job.
4. How To Connect To Zøtapay?
Zotapay’s ‘One Integration – One Application’ is here to help you every step of the way when it comes to connecting to WooCommerce. Zotapay is a global payment service provider providing secure and innovative technology for online payment processing solutions.
Here are the simple steps you need to follow to connect WooCommerce with Zøtapay:
- Update WooCommerce to the latest version and then go to WooCommerce -> Settings on the left side navigation pane.
- Click on the Payments tab on the top and the Manage button on the right of the Zotapay plugin.
- Ensure your credentials are correct and enter the control key provided to you via email. Enter the matching endpoint ID and currency and check the box “Enable/Disable test mode.”
- Click the blue button – “Save changes.”
- Perform a test transaction.
Need more assistance? Don’t hesitate to contact us via email: [email protected] or by Skype: zotapay.support.
5. Some WooCommerce Alternatives:
Shopify is another solution for your online shop. The main difference is that Shopify doesn’t require you to have a website suitable for beginners and pros. Shopify is also easily connected to Zotapay, so if you are still deciding which to use for your eCommerce, head to our full article about Shopify for more information.
Did you like